Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Path To God, And Who I am, Is One And The Same

Just over 2 weeks after making my God First commitment, I was blessed with a stunning revelation while I was reading about Hinduism's four paths to God in Huston Smith's book, The World's Religions. I had always read that the path of jnana yoga was the path of knowledge, and as such, had rejected it as way too intellectual for me. However in his book Smith called it the path of the reflective, which didn't have such a negative connotation for me, so as I read his description with less resistance, I realized I was reading an description of myself. Everything he described was how I had been my whole life, not out of effort but because I couldn't help it. With this realization, I began to shift into another state of consciousness.

I, but now the "I" transcended my body/mind "I", knew that my path to God and who I Am was one and the same thing. With this realization, I was awash in Light, then walls of my apartment dissolved into pure Light and I could see and feel my oneness with a homeless guy that hung out on a street a few blocks away. It was blissful to see and know, for the moment, who I was.

Later that night, I woke up and this Light energy was pouring into my body from above, and my understanding of It was, this Light was Truth. I very much felt the strong intentionality of this Intelligence to accept who I was.

It took me a long time to figure out why the homeless man was part of the experience, it made me nervous at first, was I to be homeless? What finally dawned on me is, I associated reflective type people as disassociated from the pain of the world,one of my judgments of folks on this path. What this vision revealed to me was that in being myself, I was one with the homeless, not separate. As New Thought teacher, Ernest Holmes says ,there is nothing to be healed, only God to be revealed.

As extraordinary and blissful as this experience was, it still has been difficult for me to embrace over the years. Reflection has seemed more like a hobby, not as "real" as the other 3 paths. Karma yoga (path of service), especially is where I have perceived really "good" people live as they are the ones who make a difference because they do. Over and over the Light experience, described above, has been a blessing for me, reminding me that my natural way of being is actually the way I'm supposed to be...amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment