Friday, April 9, 2010

Jesus At His "Death"

"Jesus is the example not the exception" is a common understanding in New Thought. The idea is that The Christ is a principle, not a person. It is God fully awakened as individuality, of which Jesus is an (not "the") example. Thus, the intention is not to imitate Jesus, but listen and commune with Who (and What) Jesus was listening and communing. In this way, we each - made in the image and likeness of God- progress on our individual path to Christ Consciousness.

To be like Jesus has been my deepest desire since I was a girl. As I grew up, my understanding evolved into the above idea. It's a powerful concept, and sometimes this highly rational concept can lose the awe that comes with the rarity of fully realized Souls.

One afternoon in the fall of 1993, I was meditating on the mantra, "The Christ and I are One". Without knowing when I shifted, the "I" (beyond Harriet) was in a crowd of people and the aura/energy of the place was so sacred it almost had the feeling it shouldn't be touched. "I" was pushing through a crowd of people to see something, and then I saw. It was Jesus, laid out on stretcher of some kind, as He was being moved from the cross to the tomb. The energy I was feeling was coming from "Him", though His body was "dead". And that's it, I was back in my room, my breath taken away.

I barely even saw Him, and yet the vibration, the sacredness, was beyond anything I could ever possibly describe. Even writing it now, it brings me to tears in awe. I have written several of my altered -state/mystical experiences, yet nothing compares to the feeling of being for a moment in His Presence, even at His "death."

He may be the example, but I dare say, most of us have one heck of a long way to go before we will ever come close to living at His level of embodiment. I bow in joyful humility at what I do not understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment